Tuesday 27 August 2013

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that, makes ...


A rather gorgeous little bag!

I have a lovely handy little book from my local library at the moment Stitch Style Bags: 20 Fashion Knit and Crochet Patterns it is a lovely little size and went on a fun trip to Wales with me last week.  I snuck some insight into my friend's favourites when she was looking through and, hehehe sneaky sneaky, made her the one she liked for her birthday!  Hooray. 

So with a little crochet, and the use of my sewing machine, I combined some crafts and created this lovely little beauty.

This book was very helpful, and wonderfully portable, and I love the way that this bag has come out! The pattern given however, did recommend the addition of pearl beads around the opening, but unfortunately when I started to add these, the bag started to look like a child's play bag. So I swiftly stopped and removed these!

Of course, some might be inclined to say that the use of this super-cute owl ribbon to line the straps, and for the bow also makes this look a little like a child's bag, but I am going to say I like it as is! But I have rather a current obsession with owls, so that may be the explanation for this :s

All in all a thumbs up to the book and the pattern, I will have to have another good look through and see what else I can find, as I have some beautiful SMC elements mix yarn

which would make an absolutely stunning bag me thinks! So here's to that.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment